- Mussel meat (the shellfish) is rich in protein, has much less fat, many more mineral nutrients and a quarter of the calories as beef.
- The Macaw is a tropical bird that is a native to Central and Southern America. Some species of macaw are even known to be able to mimic (copy) human sounds.
Friday, 12 June 2015
Thursday, 4 June 2015
- A liger is a mix between a tiger and a lion. They are the world's biggest cat.
- Lacrosse is a contact sport played between two teams using a small rubber ball (62.8-64.77 mm, 140-147 g) and a long-handled stick called a crosse or lacrosse stick.
- The biggest threat to the Leopards is hunting and deforestation.
- Leonardo da Vinci wasn't just an incredible artist, he was an inventor, scientist, mathematician, engineer, writer, musician and much more.
- Lamborghini was started in 1963 by an Italian by the name of Ferruccio Lamborghini who wanted to compete with the established brands like Ferrari. Lamborghini grew quickly during its first ten years, but sales dropped after the financial downturn and the oil crisis in 1973.
- A lion weighs 120kg - 249kg and the size of a lion is 1.4m - 2.5m. Lions can live 8 - 15 years.
- Yvette Williams is a nz long jump champion. She won the 1952 Helsinki long jump event in the Olympics, where she got a Olympic record of 6.24m and was only one centimeter from the world record at that time.
- Next time you have a sore throat, reach for a lemon! Add the juice of one lemon to an equal amount of hot water for an anti-bacterial gargle.